Monday, April 07, 2008

Larks and Linnets at Lamin's Lane

Out to Lamin's Lane again this morning. A single Mistle Thrush was in the woodland opposite Woodside Liveries, and a pair of Mallard had taken up residence in the newly-formed mud pond in the grounds of Woodside Liveries. Two male Pheasant were in the first field, but there was no sign of any females.

No sign of any Golden Plover in the fallow field now, but a few Lapwing were around, mainly flying over from the fields closer to Mansfield Road. A singing male Skylark went up from the corner of the field right above where I'd set the scope up, and later came down to join a female in the field just meters away from me. I did my best for some footage and the odd photo. A pair of Linnet flew in to join them, but eluded my attempts at getting any footage. I got some nice views of one perched on the hedgerow though. On my walk back to the park I caught sight of a male Yellowhammer also feeding at the edge of the field on Lamin's Lane.



Heading back into the park, I walked through the Warren Hill Heath area and was treated to a Chiffchaff calling from one silver birch and a lovely sunlit Treecreeper on another. Woodpeckers ended the morning, with two Green Woodpecker calling around the Triangle, and two Great Spotted Woodpecker: one at Warren Hill Heath, and another drumming at the Triangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment