Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hucknall-on-Sea

This morning I went to the Mill Lakes again to see what was around. On the way there I had my first juvenile Long-tailed Tit of the year at Dawson's Corner, and a singing male Common Whitethroat too. Two Reed Warbler were singing near the end of the Reedbed Boardwalk and a male Reed Bunting was in and out of the reeds.

Heading to the north end of the lake on the far side I heard a familiar sea-side sound - gulls calling. I lokked up to see a group of around twenty Herring Gull flying over from the direction of Hucknall, probably coming from a landfill site - quite unseasonal. They flew off to the north east. On the north shore of Mud Island I was surprised to see the male Little Ringed Plover again, and the female was nearby too.

No comments:

Post a Comment