Saturday, November 04, 2006

A Song in the Park

I set out around 7am for a walk to the Mill Lakes via the Pit Tip. I couldn't hang around long today as we'd planned a family afternoon at Clumber Park. There were a small group of Fieldfare at Dawson's Corner and I got a patch tick in the form of a Song Thrush. Of note at the Mill Lakes were small numbers of the scarcer ducks: a single Gadwall, three Teal, and two Pochard; a single Little Grebe and two Great Crested Grebe (one juvenile). I caught a glimpse of the Kingfisher, and a single male Bullfinch was feeding on the berries in a tree top along the Back Ride.

On the way home I caught a glimpse of a Blackbird with white secondaries on one wing, before it vanished into one of the gardens in Rise Park. A total of 31 species was pretty good going considering I didn't have too much time. I also got some of my first reasonable footage of Fieldfare, Gadwall and Bullfinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment