Saturday, November 25, 2006

Rained Off

The weather forecast was fair so I had a long walk planned; around the Pit Tip lane to the Mill Lakes and then maybe to the lakes further north and back through Big Wood. When I set out at 8am there was a light rain, which I hoped would clear. Lots of Blackbird and Blue Tit were along the path in the hedgerows. Also seen were a few Wren, House Sparrow, a pair of Chaffinch, a couple of Dunnock, and a Redwing. A single Robin was at Orchard Corner.

Further on, the rain started to get heavier, so I sheltered under an oak tree for a few minutes. There were Woodpigeon, Magpie and Carrion Crow in the nearby fields. When it became lighter again, I decided to head on a little way to Dawson's Corner, but by then it was getting very heavy, with no sign of it easing up enough for me to dry out. The bins and camera were already pretty wet too, so I headed back. Another Robin was around here, and I'd also seen a few Great Tit up to this point.

The return journey only produced more of the same, with a Greenfinch in someone's garden at the back of Rise Park. In the woods along Front Line, I had some good views of two Jay chasing each other about, then it was back home to get a cup of tea and dry off.

No comments:

Post a Comment